GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- 3 Eggs
- 200g/8oz light brown Sugar
- 200g/8oz Doves gluten-free self-raising flour
- 100g/4oz butter
- 150g/6oz gluten free cooking chocolate
- 100g/4oz walnuts or hazelnuts (optional)
- Beat together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the self raising flour.
- Gently melt together the butter and chocolate and stir this into the mixture.
- Add the nuts if used.
- Pour into 20x28cm/ 8×11″ oiled and lined baking dish.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 35/40 minutes.
- When cold sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Cut into slices.
Oven Temperature: 180°C/Fan160°C/350°F/ gas 4.
Our home made soups are very popular. Why not try making some for yourself at home?
CARROT & CORIANDER SOUP
- 1 oz (25g) butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled & chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled & crushed
- 1 lb (450g) carrots, peeled & roughly chopped and
- 4oz (110g) carrots peeled & grated
- 1¾ pints (1 ltr) vegetable stock
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 tblsp fresh coriander, finely chopped – or 2 tsp dried coriander
- ¼ pt (150 ml) single cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
Melt the butter in a large pan, add onion & garlic and cook gently with lid on until soft without colouring. Add chopped carrots, stock & nutmeg. Bring to boil, cover & simmer gently until vegetables are tender (20 minutes). Cool, then puree. Return to pan, stir in grated carrot, cook for a few more minutes until tender, add cream and coriander, season to taste.
If freezing, don’t add the cream until thawed out.
From frozen: defrost thoroughly, bring to boil and serve.